Friday, June 26, 2009

i know that one day....

me just getting down on the floor won't be enough.
but today it is.
it's all it takes to put a smile on their face.
they each grab different things to bring to my lap once i'm there.
once i stop.
and sit.
bailey...always a book.
joshua...a puzzle or game.
rebekah...she just wants to talk to me.
and sawyer...he just wants to be holding ME!

it's so easy.
yet so hard so much of the time.
i need to do it more.
because i KNOW that one day it won't be this simple.

4 comments:

Alden and Dorian said...

Yes, yes, yes Courtney. Precious days you are living right now...you don't get them back. Good for you for DOING it...stopping and enjoying your little, precious people.

Amy said...

Such a good reminder. It is such a simple thing. Why is it so hard to do? Good for you for being more intentional about doing it.

Judy said...

Good thoughts. Why does it seem so hard sometimes to just stop what you're doing and sit on the floor. You're right. That's all they want. Whenever McKenna sees me sit on the floor she gets a book too and then backs into my lap. So cute. I should blog it so I don't forget!

Katy said...

keep doing it. it's SO good for them. And for US - it makes me wonder why it's so HARD for us to do!!!